4 rare tips to choose the right set of golf clubs
Picture this, you are thinking of playing golf for the first time and you walk into a pro shop to buy the first set of golf clubs.
But which golf clubs should you buy? What should you look for when choosing your golf clubs?
The volume of golf clubs on the market is enough to confuse the most experienced golf professionals & to top it they're an expensive buy.
Whatever your ability, whether you are buying one club or a full set, the sheer volume of clubs on the market can be overwhelming.
To make choosing the right golf clubs less daunting, we’re going to help you help you make the right choice.
Here are a few tips that you could help you make a better decision.
Do not copy
If you are an avid follower of the game, it's natural to follow the choices of your favorite professional, believing that owing the same & model will you score well on your golf holiday.
What you don't realise is that choosing the right club involves other variables like body type, gender, proficiency level, physical condition and ability needs. Hence, focus on the clubs that cater to your specific requirements. After all, to be like Tiger, you need to be Tiger.
Do not rush
The sheer volume of golf clubs on the market is enough to confuse the most experienced golf professional.
Depending on your ability and budget, buying a new golf club can be a significant investment, so it’s important to do your research and not make any spontaneous decisions.
Try before you buy
Now that we've spoken of choosing golf clubs for your style & making a calculated decision. The best thing to do would be to try-before-you-buy.
We at IGPN rent out golf clubs to help beginners & pro's get a feel of the equipment before making a long-term investment.
Need to Rent? Let us know!
Take an expert opinion
It is important to play with a set of clubs that is suited to your skill level and cater for the potential that you are likely to achieve in the near future. For this you need the assistance of a trained professional using various technologies for Swing Analysis Data.
How does this work?
A simple 3-step process:
- The IGPN academies have the latest technology for analysis and club fitting. We use the Flight Scope, E-14 Ball Flight Analyser, Lie board, left machine to determine what the ball flight is in relation to the swing & equipment.
- We come up with a very comprehensive report that can be presented to any equipment manufacturer to build your club set or IGPN can source and customize your clubs and also give you follow up service till you own the clubs.
- To import a set, this data will help the supplier to ship the right clubs However do know that imported sets not necessarily carry universal warranty; hence cannot be replaced locally.
The cost of the assessment is approximately Rs 12000/- . However If you buy the set through IGPN there is a discount, as also the clubs can be refitted to finally suit your swing speed.
While that might help you making the right decision. We like to throw in a few technicalities that might help you increase your knowledge as well.
- The features of a Golf club include center of gravity, sole design and grooves.
- Club specifications that should be adjusted are based on how fast you swing a club (club speed) include the shaft flex, torque and the type of material used to make the shaft.
- Current materials for the shafts are graphite and steel. Players with a slow swing speed would do well to choose a graphite shaft to maximize the distance the ball travels, while those with a fast swing would select steel for greater consistency.
- Next, the club heads for irons. Beginners should opt for full-cavity clubs to aid in getting the ball in the air consistently and Low-handicap players will go in for half-cavity or blade club heads for greater consistency and control.
Very soon we'll be publishing a detailed article on club fitting & how its not about changing your swing-it's about maximising your swing's potential, so you can shoot better scores.